Been thinking a lot about this lately — this year of my 50th. Here goes.
Life goals — for my next (+BETTER!) half of life*
- I want to SIT LESS in the next 50 years then I did the last 50
- I want to MOVE more — from dancing to swimming to skiing to flying to growing (mentally / spiritually / emotionally) — in these senses, I feel like I want & need to MOVE more
- Be outside more
- Travel more
- Want to laugh 4x more
- Smile more (duh) =)
- Help others more — including all living things, such as this planet
- Connect + socialize more
- MORE music
- Speak-up more (instead of staying quiet when I disagreed with important things that crossed my boundaries / or thresholds for what is “right”)
- Do more to help society & culture (perhaps engaging in political activism — help advance important-to-me missions — like humanitarian aid & earth-saving initiatives)
- Ski, bike, hike, swim, dance more (repetitive of #2 but figure this is worth repeating = )
- Be kinder to Earth w/o guilt
- Be by the sea & in the mountains more
- Try new things more (for ex: perhaps singing lessons; whereas in the first part of my life I proclaimed “I can’t sing”)
- Worry LESS.
- ADVENTURE more
- Say “YES” even more
(*Not saying there was anything wrong with my 1st half of life! =D. No, on the contrary — I feel blessed and I have slogged through some dark spots. Just wanted to put this down for the record. To keep me honest ((hopefully)) + on track)
POSTSCRIPT: I’m really UNcomfortable showing myself, pictures & all and I do trust that this comes across as intended — with the hope of inspiring / enlightening / entertaining others (as opposed to completely narcissistic! =} =) ). I’m stunned that I’m 50 and that I could & that I actually DID learn to ride a skateboard & surf this year. Life’s not easy. Yet I can not believe that here I am — on this side & LIVING colorfully and smiling more than ever. Savoring the beauty of life. GRATEFUL.
Thank you for being here. YOU are WONDERFUL. And BEAUTIFUL. And THAT I know for sure. True ❤️
originally published 10 August 2019